Where do you find the best items, relics and artifacts in Pathfinder: Kingmaker? Plan your party with this guide.
In this article we tell you
- Which are the best magical and unique items and where to find them
- Which relics or artifacts can be found
- Where you can find the relic fragments
In Pathfinder: Kingmaker, the power of your heroes depends heavily on the items they are equipped with. Depending on which weapons or armor you prefer, you can skill talents that unlock additional bonuses (such as weapon focus or weapon specialization). Knowing in advance which type of weapon or armor to use best will help a lot. In addition, many items have special abilities that help a character with specific tasks, such as bonuses on tricks (open locks, disarm traps).
Very special items are so-called relics (also known as artifacts). You will always find fragments of relic items on your travels. Once you’ve found all fragments of a relic, go to the storyteller (waiting in your throne room) and let him assemble the item and tell you the story.
Below we have listed all important items and relics as well as their features. We are currently in the third act, but have taken additional information from Christopher Gerlach’s (Unikatze) extensive collection. We will be updating items from the following acts soon. Regarding the relics we have a lot of information from Galen’s Google-Sheet. Again we would like to thank for the helpful collection of information.
We’ll update this guide over time with more information as we progress in the game. We apologize for any inaccuracies or translation errors.
- Note: We have also added magical items to the list with a minimum bonus of +2. Items with a +1 bonus are only included in the list if they have additional attributes. All items have been sorted first by type and then by the highest general bonus.
List of magic and unique items & their locations
AV = Armor Class
DC = Difficulty Class
DR = Damage Reduction
Melee Weapons & Shields
Armor & Cloaks
Special bonuses explained
Some of the bonuses in the lists above have special effects.
- Corrosive: +1d6 acid damage
- Flaming: +1d6 fire damage
- Frost: +1d6 cold damage
- Shock: +1d6 elctricity damage
- Heavy Blow: Stuns for 1d4 rounds at critical hit
- Agile: A wielder with the Weapon Finesse Feat can choose to apply his Dexterity modifier to damage rolls instead of the Strength modifier (if higher).
- Confusion: Chance to confuse enemy on hit
- Furious: When the wielder is raging or under the effect of a rage spell, the weapon’s enhancement bonus is +2 higher than normal
- Keen: Doubles the threat range
- Oversized: -2 to attack rolls
- Animal Bane: +2 attack rolls and +2d6 damage against animals
- Undead Bane: +2 attack rolls and +2d6 damage against undead
- Cold Iron: prevents regeneration
- Composite: Strength bonus is added to bow damage
- Mithral: Extra strong, extra light
- Focusing Surge: Once per day gain Fast Healing and Immunity to poison, death effects, paralysis, stun, disease for 5 rounds (10 rounds at level 16), adds the effects of Targeted Bomb Admixture extract
- The luck of the draw: x4 critical multiplier
List of artifacts & locations of the corresponding fragments
- Note: This list only includes relics that the storyteller can transform into wearable items, so called artifacts. Relics and fragments that “only” give experience and gold are not listed here.
We have taken some of the information from this list from Galen’s Relic Fragments datasheet. Missing translations or further information will be updated as soon as we find the relevant items in in-game.
Necklace of Double Crosses
- +4 Trickery
- +4 Stealth
- +4 Mobility
- +2d6 Sneak Attack
- Allies provoke Attack on Opportunity when moving through a square you threaten
Ring of Reckless Courage
- +4 Charisma
- +4 Stealth
- +4 Trickery
- +4 Critical Confirmation
- +2 DC Mind-Affecting Spells
- -2 Wisdom
- -4 Perception
- -2 Will
- -10 Saving Throw against Traps
- On Receive Critical Hit Confusion for 1d4 turns
- 2 DR of Ranged Attacks
- 10 DR of Falling or Thrown Rocks
- Cast Good Hope and Crushing Despair 1/Day
- +3 Dodge Bonus to AC against Giants & Goblinoid Subtypes
- +3 Insight Bonus to Saves
Forest Knight’s Bracers
- When wearer would become Shaken, +2 Morale Bonus to Attack Rolls, Saving Throws & Skill Checks for same duration as shaken effect & remove shaken
- When wearer would become Frightened or Confused replace condition with Hideous Laughter for equal duration
- Cast Freedom of Movement 1 Minute 1/Day
- When hit by monster of the Fey subtype, frighten monster for 1d4 rounds, will save to negate
Cloak of Sold Souls
- -4 Constitution
- +2 Caster Level for Necromany and Summoning Subtype Spells
- +2 DC for Necromancy Spells
- Vampiric Touch 3/Day
- to unequip: Remove Curse DC 25 (if failed instantly kill character and summon a
- Thanadaemon or an Astradaemon if character is level 20)
- +5 AC (?)
- Become a Smilodon at will (as per Beast Shape IV) 1 minute/level
- +5 enhancement to weapons while in Smilodon form
Star Commander’s Gloves
- +8 Strength
- Shoot a laser (ranged touch attack) dealing 4d6 damage at will